mardi 29 octobre 2013

BSOD: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER check code: 0x000000fe



Hello everyone!


Recently I've been getting a BSOD that I'm having trouble fixing. Let me give you some basic info first:


Sony Vaio VPCF-115fm


Intel core i7 Q720 @1.6ghz


6gb ram


Windows 7 HP SP1


BSOD Info:


Bug check string: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER


Bug check code: 0x000000fe


Parameter 1: 00000000`00000008


Parameter 2: 00000000`00000006


Parameter 3: 00000000`00000005


Parameter 4: fffffa80`08a2fb20


Caused by driver: usbhub.sys


Caused by address: usbhub.sys+12a60


Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0


Directly attached USB devices:


M-Audio Fasttrack pro external sound card


7 Port USB hub


USB devices attached to the hub:


DJ Tech tools midifighter classic (midi controller)


Ableton Launchpad (midi controller)


Numark Mixtrack Pro (DJ controller)


Logiteck M305 wireless mouse receiver


Laptop cooling pad


I noticed that just about every time I have my hub attached and close the lid / put the computer to sleep, I get this BSOD. Sometimes, it will BSOD randomly while I'm in the middle of working on something. I also noticed that if I restart my laptop and do not use the hub or any of the devices attached to it, no BSOD. This leads me to assume the problem stems from the usb hub or one of the devices attached to it.


I've been researching how to fix this for some time now, and stumbled upon a Microsoft article that describes the issue I'm having. The article can be found at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974410


Basically, the article says that the bluescreen I'm getting can be caused by a race condition in the Usbccgp component. It also says "This issue may occur if you attach a USB composite device that supports the Selective Suspend feature to the computer". The article provides a hotfix, but I have downloaded it and ran it already and it says the update does not apply to my computer. I am getting the correct, windows 7 home premium x64 hotfix. There is also a workaround listed. The workaround involves modifying certain registry keys, which I have no problem doing if I could find them.


The registry entries that need modified are located at:


HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB<VID&PID><InstanceID>\Device Parameters


Where:


“VID&PID” is the Vendor ID and Product ID of the USB device.


“InstanceID” is an instance of the USB device.


However, I am unable to find the registry entry because I cannot find the proper VID & PID.


I really need help getting this solved. I am supposed to be providing music for a few hundred people this weekend and need my laptop and all usb devices to be running perfectly.


Any ideas and help is very much appreciated!










via Bleeping Computer Last 20 Posts http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512335/bsod-bugcode-usb-driver-check-code-0x000000fe/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire