mercredi 30 octobre 2013

Win7 64-bit Pro, sudden slow shutdown and boot time

Hi,


Am new to this forum, hope someone can help. A few weeks ago after an unattended Win update & re-boot (the PC was woken during the night) my PC began to behave in an unsual way; going to sleep which would take a minute at most now drags out for several minutes. Sometimes, when putting the PC to sleep Win7 states that a program is running in the background and am invited either to kill the offending task or cancel the operation. By that point the mouse and keyboard are ineffective. The screen then goes off (no video) but the PC continues to whir away till finally it goes to sleep. Equally when the PC is brought out of sleep, where as before it would take seconds now, after log-in takes place, the screen contents partailly appears, often showing just the frame outline(s) but the inner contents remains black. After approx three minutes everything springs in to life.


The O/S is fully patched & the PCB is an ASUS_P7H57D-V EVO complete with 16GB RAM, primary disk is a Samsung 840 Pro SSD plus a Seagate Momentus hybrid HDD/SSD which holds the bulk of the data. I run Agnitum Outpost Pro Security Suite and extensive malware scans indicate nothing is present apart from the odd few cookies. The same holds true when runing the MS Malicious removal tool, nothing is found. The browser is Fire Fox.


I discovered Bleepingcomputer when searching for info on Trojans and Malware but I stumbled in to the middle of a forum which was guiding a user how to deal with a specific issue, not fully appreciating at the time that some of the tools need to be used with care & expert guidance, so unwittingly I latched on to Combofix. I realise now that it would have been best to leave alone until instructed to use an appropraite tool but use it I did. I have since discovered that when an up to date version of Combofix is run on my PC the problems I describe above ease off or disappear altogether - for a few days then slowly reappear so clearly Combofix is having some effect but not permanent. I've saved the logs but do not know how to interpret them.


I hope someone can shed light on this. My concern is that while the problem appears to be more or less harmless it could be a precursor to something more sinister


whizzcodebang








via Bleeping Computer Last 20 Posts http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511284/win7-64-bit-pro-sudden-slow-shutdown-and-boot-time/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire