jeudi 31 octobre 2013

HRUPPROG.DIE.NOW in Users folder

Whilst playing around with maps trying to get a Source game server to work earlier I accidently opened my Users folder and inside were only 2 files. HRUPPROG.DIE.NOW and a similarly named file that was .txt instead. I did a bit of digging and came across a similar issue here but I am unsure if that particular fix would work for me and that the chap was constantly warned not to proceed without assistance. I'm not too sure when this would've made it's way into my system as I on occasions run servers from this box so the machine is never off so I never had the containing folder pop up as seems to be a normal symptom. I can't delete the files without first giving the non txt file administrator access, something I am hesitant to do given the circumstances.


AVG Free 2014 and Malware Bytes failed to detect an issue although MB did remove about 35 PUP's but it's not fixed the issue. A system restore also failed to do the trick.


Following the advice given to someone with a similar issue by nasdaq I've compiled the following logs: DDS, AdwCleaner, RogueKiller and ComboFix. After having run combofix the folder AppData returned to my Users folder but HRUPPROG is still there, unable to be removed. To avoid useless posting I shall hang onto these logs until requested.


Here is a link to destraction9's similar topic in which he was aided by nasdaq: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493111/hrupprogdienow-on-startup/








via Bleeping Computer Last 20 Posts http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512543/hrupprogdienow-in-users-folder/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire