I've used my PC for years, and know how essential java is. I also know how many crooked and destructive people are out there.
I just updated my java, and was sent to a page to "verify" the installation. I don't know if I can trust this site, because I'd always thought the source for all java was Sunjava or Javasun, something like that. And this site is called java.com, and it's coming from a site called Oracle.
Has the name been changed? Are these sites a legitimate source for updating java? I don't ever remember having to "verify" my java installations in the past.
I'm being asked to click to run an application that can severely damage my PC and compromise my security if it isn't trustworthy. I don't know whether to trust them, but I want to be sure before I click the popup to run the application to "verify" that my java is properly installed. I could just as easily be permitting unrestricted access to crooks.
And if they aren't legitimate, what can I do about the update to java that I just made? It, too, could be harmful.
I'd really appreciate some guidance.
via Bleeping Computer Last 20 Posts http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511688/how-can-i-be-sure-the-java-i-updated-to-is-authentic/
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire