dimanche 27 octobre 2013

Nvidia

I've had a theory for a little while now and I finally had the time to try it out and I thought I would share it with you folks here.


I've been using Nvidia graphic cards now since 2004, and to be honest the only reason I still use them is for Adobe products, and they do seem to be a little more advanced than the others. Ever since my first purchase the video cards work great when you first install them, then after about six months or so they always start to crash or blue screen the computer. So, now your motivated to download the latest driver.


After about 6 months ... the same stuff all over again. Nvidia driver failed and was restarted ... then later the bsod's at start up. Way back when I went to their forums for help and I found their answer to the problem with the uninstall method "good grief"


It really seems crazy to me to go through all of their ridiculous steps in order for the new driver installation to work right. I'm talking about the uninstall these folders, then some of the program, then the driver, then the rest of the program, then use driver sweeper or the later version, then boot in safe mode .... Why cant the make software that uninstalls itself? They spend all that money on tech and none on the driver? or so it would seem.


Well anyway, my theory was, all of this must be a sales tactic, and they make the drivers fail after a certain amount of time on purpose.


So the last time I "Properly" installed the driver I blocked all Nvidia access to the internet. So far it has been around seven months and no bsod's. I have had one or two crashes but nothing like you would normally. I don't know if it's a fluke or not, but this is whats happened.


Sincerely


E








via Bleeping Computer Last 20 Posts http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499914/nvidia/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire