mardi 15 octobre 2013

Internet connected but cannot browse

I am your average know-little-about-computers-behind-the-UI user.


I have an iMac with a 20 gb partition on which I have windows 7 installed. I have been running windows 7 very occasionally but was concerned that a few different security options I was using (malware bytes for instance) were insufficient, so I installed bitdefender total security 2013. Shortly thereafter, my windows side wouldn't let me browser the internet. It says I am connected to my wireless network (the one I'm using to write this post from my ipad) but programs such as my browsers, spotify, steam, etc can't access the internet. My network settings diagnostics tool comes up with no faults, I turned off my windows firewall and the bitdefender firewall stuff, but all for naught. I then uninstalled bitdefender completely but still have the same problem.


I don't know what win-sock is but it appears from reading what you all have written in the past that it relates to restoring network settings to their default. I tried to do netsh winsock reset (after first doing netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt and restarting the computer) as the administrator but it's telling me access denied.


Remember: monkey see monkey do with me. I don't understand any of the standard parlance in this mystical realm of computer tech wizardry.


Can anybody help me? I'm not in a good condition sans internet connection to upload logs or download programs/files but if that's the only way, i can probably figure some clippings>>USB drive>>browser-via-osx solutions.


Thanks so much in advance for your generous help! Gotta love the decentralized, unregulated nature of the internet that lets one person help another.








via Bleeping Computer Last 20 Posts http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510774/internet-connected-but-cannot-browse/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire