samedi 9 novembre 2013

First post -- weird blue screen and recovery

Hello, I found bleeping computer.com through a Web search on aswRvrt.sys, which is the file where my computer was hanging up when I tried to start it in safe mode.


Problem is blue screen, followed by very slow performance and sometimes failure to restart, but eventually the computer recovers. This has happened twice. Last time the computer recovered with a shutdown that took 15 minutes or so, and next time on startup everything was normal


First thing I need to know here is where to find the log that was created when the computer blue-screened, so I can post it here for review. Someone tell me and I'll post that in my reply.


About the computer: it is a PowerSpec G160 -- specs here: http://powerspec.com/systems/system_specs.phtml?selection=G160


It is running Windows 7 Home Premium.


Changes since purchase:



  • added LG BluRay drive,

  • removed original DV-ROM drive;

  • replaced the boot drive with a Sandisk 840 series solid-state drive,

  • added a couple of SATA internal hard drives.

  • Replaced the original graphics card with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 650.

  • I have an Adaptec 2940 SCSI controller plugged in but I couldn't find a driver for it in Windows 7 and it reports that on startup.


The computer is also connected to external hard drives via USB and eSATA. (I edit video on this computer, that's why all the storage).


I have scanned for infections with Avast free and Malwarebytes and they found nothing.


Thanks for any help you can provide to solve my problem.


Edited by hamluis, 08 September 2013 - 09:48 AM.

Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardwaare - Hamluis.






via Bleeping Computer Last 20 Posts http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507003/first-post-weird-blue-screen-and-recovery/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire