vendredi 8 novembre 2013

Not sure what happened, but need help with (newly) slow computer

Hello all,


I am stumped here and didn't know where else to turn for help.


One of my computers is an older Dell desktop, with a Celeron 2.4GHZ processor and 2gb of ram. I am running Win XP SP3 on it, with all available updates (I think).


Long story short, I recently did a format and clean load of Windows on this machine, and even after updates it is EXCRUCIATINGLY slow online. Slower than it was before I did the format/load.


I have run virus scans (Avast) and spyware scans (spybot search and destroy) and found nothing. I have also ran SlimCLeaner.


When I am online and open up task manager, it shows multiple (between 5 and 8) instances of Chrome (my preferred browser) running, even when I only have 1 open browser and 1 tab open. These seem to consume a large part of my CPU usage (which is normally 100% in task manager). Another large CPU consumer seems to be "system idle processes" which I am unable to end in task manager.


If it matters, I am connected to the internet on this machine via a USB wireless adapter (Netgear), with a Netgear router (both also updated with the latest firmware and drivers), and AT&T DSL. I have other computers on the same network (running WIn8), that are running just fine. Seems like only this computer is SLOW.


I can post any other needed information, if you tell me how.


Thanks for any help.... I am FRUSTRATED.


W101








via Bleeping Computer Last 20 Posts http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513387/not-sure-what-happened-but-need-help-with-newly-slow-computer/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire