vendredi 8 novembre 2013

Office docs corrupted after malwarebytes fix?

Hi all,


I've got a situation in which a computer that had a virus on it yesterday (which was removed using Malwarebytes) no longer opens office documents. (I'm honestly not certain that the 2 are linked because I had the same problem with a system that never had a virus on it.) Even taking the files and moving them to another computer doesn't open them. Oddly, even files that I try to open from a network drive won't open. I was able to restore back to a previous version on the network with minimal loss, but I don't set up using previous versions on PCs. (Probably will now, though...) Anyhoo...I need to be able to get to the files that are unable to be opened on the PC.


I get the following error: The file you are trying to open [filename] is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?


When I hit "Yes" all I get is junk.


What's my first step to figuring this out?


Thanks.


-DK.








via Bleeping Computer Last 20 Posts http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513434/office-docs-corrupted-after-malwarebytes-fix/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire