samedi 9 novembre 2013

So it happened... Money is gone, found some nasty things on my laptop

Hello,


Yesterday I've been informed by ma bank that unauthorized transaction was probably held on my account via credit card. Logged onto my account and found 200 EUR missing. After being into computers world for like 10 years it's not something you'd like to happen. You hear and read about it but don't expect it to happen to yourself... Anyway it did and now I want at least know how could it happen.


I was using avira for a long time but to be honest I didn't fully scan my laptop for a period of time. Yesterday I downloaded Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 (trial) which is "advised" by my bank's support. So, it found stuff like that:


Trojan.Win32.StartPage.cdus (I guess related to web browsers content changing)


Trojan.Win32.Staser.fv (that's the one i am a bit scared of as for now...)


also some little guy named AdWare.Win32.D365.a


And here's my question. Is any of these 3 above able to send my credit cards or bank account details to "third party" people? As far as I'm concerned Staser can.


If not - I guess the main reason of my money lost is that I entered credit card details on some unauthorized website (what to be honest i can't remember eh).


Well, it's too late to "heal" my laptop, I am surely going for total formatting of all HDD and re-installing OS. But if you can give me more details about what I found on it and if it could be the reason - thank you.


with regards!








via Bleeping Computer Last 20 Posts http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513497/so-it-happened-money-is-gone-found-some-nasty-things-on-my-laptop/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire