dimanche 29 septembre 2013

Not connecting to network with PCI wireless in XP

Hello,


So I'm having no internet on an old XP desktop I bought at a garage sale. It is Gateway MFATXPNT YKT 500x, 2.4 Ghz and 1.0 GB RAM, Yorktown Motherboard.


I have been working on getting it up and running since June, wiped it clean and installed a new copy of XP. People at PChelforum gave me lots of help but internet remains unsolved. Here is the thread:


http://www.pchelpforum.com/xf/threads/want-help-cleaning-pc-bought-at-garage-sale.153083/


At first my usb wireless adapter worked very occasionally. We tried setting up Google DNS, doing some other changes to internet settings (see second page of the thread.) I swapped the adapter out a couple times and finally change to a PCI adapter (Wireless N150 ENLWI - N3 Encore Electronics.) Now it doesn't work at all, even though it can see and connect to the wireless network and the connection is "very good."


Also I have a laptop which connects mostly fine, although the connection periodically dies and I have to unplug the adapter then plug it back in.


I have spent fair amount of time looking for ideas on Google but no luck, so I'm coming here.


I wanted to attach a minitoolbox log and hwinfo log but can't figure out how.








via Bleeping Computer Last 20 Posts http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506171/not-connecting-to-network-with-pci-wireless-in-xp/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire