lundi 30 septembre 2013

2 Networks 1 Connection (Do I switch or do I route?)

Hello All,


I am thinking of sharing a FiOS connection with my landlord upstairs, but I don't want to be stuck with a lousy WiFi connection coming from his router, and I also want to use my NAS drive. So I am proposing that he send me down an ethernet cable for me to build a separate network here.


The question is what hardware do we need and where along the line do we place it?


Should I place a switch before both routers?


ISP-->Switch-->[His Router],[My Router]


Or should I just daisy chain my router to his?


ISP-->His Router-->My Router


Thanks a bunch!


José








via Bleeping Computer Last 20 Posts http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509464/2-networks-1-connection-do-i-switch-or-do-i-route/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire