dimanche 29 septembre 2013

Constant "Low Disk Space" Error.

I am running Windows XP SP3 on a HP Mini netbook. The machine began to freeze up whenever it tried to update any files including windows updates. I started getting the "Low Disk Space" notification and it would prompt me to clean up the disk. I removed about 16 GB of photos from the machine on to an external drive about 2 weeks ago and that allowed me to get everything up to date.


Without putting any new information on the computer myself it has now filled up all of that empty space and is now telling me I have 0mb of free space on C: drive. I thought maybe I had an infection of some sort so I tried to run Malwarebytes which needed to update. I had to uninstall a browser and Google Earth to get enough space to update the program. I started the program running and am already getting the 0mb of free space notification again. I don't know what else I can delete to make room and I don't know what program or malware might be using up the space. It is a 149GB HDD and it says I have used all of it up.


Any ideas would be great.


I only have 1 partition on the drive, so expanding the partition will not help.








via Bleeping Computer Last 20 Posts http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509268/constant-low-disk-space-error/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire