lundi 30 septembre 2013

Problem restoring computer to factory settings

Hey,


I own an Alienware Aurora R4 and for those who don't know, it comes with a software known as AlienRespawn, which allows you to restore the computer to factory settings. However, it's not working right.


To give you some background info, I've been getting BSOD's all day and after hours upon hours of troubleshooting and finding no solution, I've decided to just reinstall everything and restoring my computer to factory settings.


Here's the problem though: after backing up the files I wanted on an external harddrive via AlienRespawn, I am now stuck at 1% completion for it reinstalling everything and restoring to factory settings. I've waited for it for two hours now and it still just says 1%. The computer hasn't crashed or anything; I can move the window around and the spinny wheel animation is still showing up, but I can't tell if anything is happening. Also, I'd expect that my harddrive would be making a ton of noise during this process, but it's not.


Now, I would probably just go ahead and turn off my computer and retry if it wasn't for the fact that it clearly says "Make sure that your machine isn't turnt off during this process".


Does anybody know what to do? I'm not the most tech-savvy person by any means, and if any of you could help me out not only in what I should do, but also how to fix the fact that it's stuck; that'd be appreciated a bunch.


PS. I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1)








via Bleeping Computer Last 20 Posts http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509409/problem-restoring-computer-to-factory-settings/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire