samedi 2 novembre 2013

Laptop screen goes blank(white) when power supply is plugged in

Hi everyone,

I have a Toshiba Satellite L305 laptop. It is about 3 years old. Recently, the screen started going blank (usually white but occasionally light blue(not BSOD). This began happening when it reaches a full charge. Then it started happening a few minutes after plugging in the PS. Now it happens sometimes within seconds of plugging it in. When it does this, I have nothing, no cntrl alt del, nothing. The only thing that works when it does this is to hold the power button till it shuts down and then restart it. Everything works fine when I run it on battery power. To keep this from happening, I have to close the laptop, plug it in, let it charge for an hour or so, unplug it(if I don't unplug it and it reaches full charge, when I open it back up the screen is white, The bottom is warm and I have to shut down, unplug and restart)If I unplug it first, when I open it, everything is fine. I have checked the PS with a multimeter and it seems fine. 19.5 volts and correct polarity just as it is supposed to be. I have searched quite a bit for answers as to why it's doing this but haven't found any. Didn't know if this could be a problem with the jack the PS plugs in to, a BIOS problem? Or a hardware issue? It has been doing this for a couple of months all together but I'm really wanting to fix this issue if I can. Any help or suggestions you can give me on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jeff





via Bleeping Computer Last 20 Posts http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479923/laptop-screen-goes-blankwhite-when-power-supply-is-plugged-in/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire